Yeovil Creatives Network CIC is committed to protecting your privacy. We will use the information that we collect about you in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who we are
Yeovil Creatives is a networking group for creatives living in Yeovil and surrounding areas. Members meet regularly to share ideas, skill exchange and bring creative activities to each other and the public.
Formed in 2017, we have created more than Twenty exhibitions and events in Yeovil, including working in partnership with The Hub and Quedam Shopping Centre. Yeovil Creatives is supported by Eastville Project Space and is now run by a group of dedicated individuals, who voluntarily contribute their time and effort. We were incorporated as Yeovil Creative Networks CIC in 2020. Company Number: 12151863
What information do we collect?
The personal information that we collect could include:
· name, title, date of birth
· information about race, gender, ethnicity and sexual orientation (you have the right to decline to provide us with this information)
· contact details including postal address, email, phone numbers and links to social media accounts
· transaction history (we never store your whole card number, although we may keep a note of the last four digits to help us identify transactions)
· whether you have a disability defined by the Equality Act 2010
· details of visits to our website including traffic data, location data, operating system, browser usage, and the resources that you access
· other background personal information you provide to us (for example, when you apply for a job).
How do we collect your information?
You give us your information when you sign up to our newsletter, buy tickets to one of our events, make a donation, apply for a job, buy an item from our online shop or communicate with us.
We keep a record of the emails we send you, and we may track whether you receive or open them.
Like most websites, we use “cookies” to help make our site and your experience better.
We may also obtain personal information about you from other sources, such as if a family member or friend contacts us on your behalf or buys a gift for you from us.
We may also receive information from external sources, which enables us to gain a better understanding of our audiences, visitors and supporters and to improve our fundraising and marketing methods.
How we keep your details safe and secure
Your personal data will be held in Yeovil Creatives Network CIC databases and systems. We always seek to hold your data securely. Access to customer information is strictly controlled.
Our basis for processing your personal information and what we use it for
We aim to be clear when we collect your data and what we use it for.
We may process your personal data because it is necessary for the performance of a contract. For example, if you make a purchase, sign up for an event or give a donation. We may process personal data because it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as audience surveys or online questionnaires.
We may also process your personal data where we have your consent to do so (for example to monitor the diversity of visitors to participate the activities organised by Yeovil Creatives Network CIC). We will ask for your consent to provide you with information about products and services and fundraising activities that may be of interest to you.
Giving you control
We may tell you about events, exhibitions, offsite projects, shop products and information about our organisation. Occasionally, we may include information in these communications from partner organisations or organisations who support us. You can opt out from these marketing communications at any time – every email sent to you includes an unsubscribe link.
If you have opted out of marketing communications, we may still get in touch with you. For example, we may email you to give you important information about the events you’ve booked, exhibitions you have attended, projects you have sponsored or products you have bought to notify you of any changes.
We may need to disclose your details:
· if we run an event in partnership with another named organisation so that they can help us run the event.
· in order to comply with any legal obligation to do so. This includes the police and other crime protection and detection agencies or regulatory bodies.
· to our legal/financial advisors.
· for the purposes of regulatory or inspection compliance, for example to the Company House
· to funding bodies
· data processing services acting in an accordance with our instructions, and subject to confidentiality obligations.
We sell artworks on behalf of artists we work with. If you buy an artwork from Yeovil Creatives Network CIC exhibitions, your name, contact details and record of the purchase may be shared with that artist. The person purchasing an artwork retains the right to remain anonymous.
How long do we keep your information?
We may retain information for a period of six years after your relationship with us has come to an end. Some information may be held indefinitely for historical, statistical or research purposes. As outlined here, you have the right to require us to erase personal data.
Under the DPA you have the following rights:
· to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you
· to require that we cease processing your personal data if the processing is causing you damage or distress
· to require us not to send you marketing communications
Once the GDPR takes effect in May 2018, you will also have the following: additional rights:
· to require us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect
· to require us to erase your personal data
· to require us to restrict our data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal)
· to receive from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal data to another data controller
· to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
· Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Or write to us at: Yeovil Creatives Networks CIC, Yeovil Art Space, Unit 29 Vicarage Walk, Quedam Shopping Centre, Ivel Square, Yeovil, Somerset UK BA20 1EX
(Updated: June 2020)